Learning Catia V6 Tutorial
This Tutorial Will Introduce You To CATIA V6. You Will Learn How To Build Parts Using Feature-Based And Functional Modeling Techniques And How To Apply Design Rules. You Will Be Able To Collaborate With Other Users To Review Designs. Finally, You Will Be Able To Create A Simple Assembly, Simulate A Mechanism And Produce A Rendered Image And Simple Detail Drawing.
Global Online Collaboration On V6 Platform
Single PLM Platform For IP Management
On-Line Creation And Collaboration
Ready To Use Business Processes
Lower Cost Of Ownership
ABCG Was Invited To Dassault SystÈMes Headquarters To See The V6 Technology First-Hand.Over A Period Of Several Days, We Spoke With Various Product Managers And Cut Short Long Power-Point Presentations In Favor Of Seeing What The Software Can Do. We Took A Critical Look At Each Of The Six Elements And Have Mapped What We Saw Against Them In An Attempt To Bridge The Gap Between Strategy And Software.
How to use drafting workbench in Catia
1. Open the model for which drafting is to be performed.
2. Switch to drafting workbench.
3. A new drawing wizard opens up. Choose the appropriate option. Here i chose a blank page.
4. Window->tile vertically.
5. You will get a view as shown.
6. Click on front view from the menu.
7. Or get it from Insert->views->projection->front view.
8. Click on the face as shown.
9. Place it on the blank page.
10. Click anywhere on the page.
11. Click on front view again. Choose a different plane.
12. Similarly drag and drop it on the blank page as in the previous case. Similarly get other views also by selecting different planes.
13. Right click on the drawing-> properties.
14. Select the options as per requirement-> click OK.
15. Edit->sheet background.
16. Insert-> Drawing-> Frame and title block.
17. Choose the title block->apply->ok.
18. Insert->geometry modification->transformation->scale.
19. Uncheck duplicate mode- Select value->ok.
20. Edit->working views.
21. Save as->*.catdrawing.